Tuesday 2 January 2024

We Were Horny Then

Remember the 60’s, flower power and free love.

 Then there was Sex, Drugs and Rock 'n Roll in the 70’s and 80’s.

 It is all a bit dull in 2023, isn’t it?

At the end of each year, Google releases various data about the most search or Googled things of the year.

 The 2023 most Googled sex questions came to my attention and I was a little shocked.

I guess searching for details about a particular sex position could be expected and in 2023, the question concerned the speed hump position. But for this to be the number one question surprised me a little. There must be more interesting and adventurous positions to ask about, or invent.

The 5th most popular question concerned how many dates should occur before sex. Sometimes one date is too many and one hundred not enough. Is it still 3 dates?

 While first being shocked at the mainly benign nature of the most popular questions a little reflection had me wondering if the easy access to graphic and unrealistic vision via numerous adult websites is having an impact on what we already know or think we know.

 Or maybe we are genuinely becoming more conservative in our teenage sexual explorations and there is less peer pressure to conform to stereotype.

 But putting all that aside, the tenth most popular sex questions posed to Google in 2023 particularly surprised me.

 he subject upon which information was being sort had never entered my consciousness. Further, I am not aware of it ever entering the consciousness of anyone I know.

I would be interested, at least I think I would be interested to know if it has ever entered the thoughts of anyone reading this. (marine biologists excepted)

Then again, is it possible I am the only person who has never wondered, considered or contemplated “How do fish have sex”

 For those interested, here is the source article   

No comments: